CNC, a short form of Computer Numerical Control. It is the process for manufacturing, where the movement of the machines and tools present in the factories are decided by the computer software in which the programs are set, and according to that, it controls the machine present. Custom CNC machining can be used for controlling and running different types of machines present in the companies like mills, grinders, and routers. It is best suitable for materials like plastics, metals, wood, and also for glass. To run such software, engineers are trained with the skills and knowledge needed to control the machines in the company.
Process of CNC Machining
The process can be performed in four stages. Below are the four stages of CNC machining:
- CAD MODEL: The first and the most vital step is to design the parts of the product. That is designed using CAD software. Engineers who are experts in this make different 3d and 2d designs of the part which are needed.
- Conversion of CAD model to CNC program: The designs are exported in different file formats. With the help of CAM software, it is converted into machine language that machines can understand.
- Setup of CNC machine: The parts of the machine are arranged by the operator of the machinery.
- Execution of milling operation: The programs for the machine are initiating by the operator of the machinery.
Software that the CNC Machining supports:
- CAD: It is the software that expert engineers use for making 3d and 2d vectors.
- CAM: It is the software used for extracting all the technical information from a CAD model. It helps in generating the machinery program for the CNC machine.
- CAE: This software are generally used for post-processing, pre-processing, development, and analysis of
- the product.
There are different types of custom CNC machining available in the market. Different types of machines are used for various purposes and works.
Below are some of the machines used most:
- CNC Lathes
- CNC routers
- CNC Grinders
- CNC Mills
- CNC Cutters
- CNC Electric Discharging Machines
Above are the six types of machinery that are most used for this process. This can be done by specially trained and expert engineers who know how to run and use the software. The CNC machines are run on special programs set by the engineers. According to that, it operated the big machines which are in the company. Without the machine programs, this process can not be done.