Sign-Up for Newsletter on Right Side of This Page
Receive all the info on this new historical mystery series including:
- Discounts on purchases.
- Interviews with author, Jim Musgrave, and guests.
- Articles on writing and how this series was created.
- Videos of actors portraying the major characters in the series (courtesy of Jennifer M. Perry, Publicist) .
Samples of What You’ll Get
- Listen to Poe interview our hero, Detective Patrick James O’Malley.
- Read Jim Musgrave’s article on how he defeated the Amazons.
- Listen to the new audiobook of the first mystery in the series.
- Read a sample short story by Jim Musgrave, available in the collection Catalina Ghost Stories, which you’ll receive when you sign-up for the newsletter
- Giveaway of audiobook copies of Forevermore, the mystery about how Poe was murdered.
As Seen in the Jewish Daily Forward
Disappearance at Mount Sinai Now on Sale!
Get the first mystery, Forevermore, free starting 6/18/13 and lasting until 6/22/13.
Second Mystery in the Pat O’Malley Series:
Disappearance at Mount Sinai
It’s 1866 in New York City. Civil War Vet and Detective Pat O’Malley’s biggest case returns him to the deep, dark South to search for the kidnapped wealthiest inventor and entrepreneur in America. But the widening gyre of anti-Semitism and racism pulls him down into the pit of hell itself.
Disguised as an Oxford England Professor, O’Malley infiltrates the anti-Semites’ group and travels with his partners, Becky Charming and his father, Robert, down to a Collierville, Tennessee mansion.
At the crux of this case are a Jewish father and his eight-year-old son, Seth. They have developed a unique bond that relies on Jewish folklore and a belief that they are Mazikeen, half-angel and half-human, born from the loins of Adam’s strange female cohorts during the 130 years he was banished from the Garden. Will O’Malley find Dr. Mergenthaler before it’s too late? What does this world-wide eugenics group have planned for the mongrel races? Read Jim Musgrave’s Disappearance at Mount Sinai, the second mystery in the series of Pat O’Malley Mini-Mysteries.
These mysteries are all short but powerful reads (following Poe’s dictum that a work, to be effective, must be readable in one sitting). The third mystery will be a “battle royale” between two of the most popular brothel madams in 1860s New York City. Come join the fun with Detective O’Malley and his partner, Madame Rebecca Charming, as they battle crime and Tammany Hall city corruption. As author Jim Musgrave says in his app for iPad, iPhone and Android, “Carry 1860s New York City around in your pocket or purse!”
Read the Prologue and Chapter One.
Install the Pat O’Malley Mysteries App:
Forevermore wins Honorable Mention in General Fiction at New York Book Festival